IMPAROLE’ SUMMER CAMPUS FOR FAMILIES WITH DIFFICULT CHILDREN
A STIMULATING EXPERIENCE, BORN IN 2012, WHERE MEDIATION WILL HELP CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES LEARN WHILE HAVING FUN TOGETHER.
WHY A SUMMER CAMPUS?
We would like to involve the “ecological system” more, where the child lives, through:
- Full immersion in the Mediated Learning Experience
- The possibility of taking a “photograph” of family life
- Working on “live” micro-changes
- Facilitate work on mediation between parents and staff
WHAT THE CAMPUS IS?
The Campus of Imparole, the only one in Italy that has as its objective a complete immersion in MEDIATION, wants to be an experience that becomes an opportunity for children and their families to spend a period of leisure and work in a protected environment. The Campus experience is much more than just a holiday because families will be involved in a climate where they will have to experience MEDIATION, in order to learn to change while having fun. The children will be accompanied by their families and, together, they will get involved to overcome their difficulties (cognitive, behavioural, relational or other) thanks to the theory of mediated learning!
There will be 15 families to participate.
Programme of activities:
- Common moments (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Morning sessions for children in small inclusive groups of equal age (with and without disabilities) with creative, cognitive, speech therapy, psychomotor activities
- Outdoor Games
- Parental training sessions on mediated learning
- Sessions for brothers
- Afternoon trips: walks, structured games, farm trips, swimming pool, guided by parents
IThe theme for the 2017 campus was “I 5 SENSI“.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS
Staff and volunteers play a fundamental role within the Campus, making it possible to run the program and sharing with families every aspect of the experience.
The staff was born from the collaboration that has been consolidated for years between the professionals of the Imparole Cooperative (pedagogists, speech therapists, psychomotor therapists, psychologists, psychologists), trained in the Feuerstein method and other methods, and experienced international trainers, assessors and applicators of the Feuerstein Method:
- Dr Jo Lebeer: doctor, dynamic assessment consultant and expert in developing the potential of children with developmental disabilities
- Dr Gabriella Zippel: trainer and applicator of the Feuerstein Method and LPAD dynamic evaluation expert from Feuerstein
- Dr Raffaella Rosas: Pedagogist and head of the Imparole Cooperative. Feuerstein Method trainer and applicator and LPAD dynamic evaluation expert from Feuerstein
They also participate in the Campus:
- Young volunteers without disabilities
- Adult volunteers
- Students Alternate school – work
The Campus on mediation takes place at a holiday home above Edolo, in the province of Brescia.
The structure, surrounded by greenery, is set in a very pleasant natural and environmental context and the hills and mountains nearby allow you to live moments of study,”work” and play in tranquility.
The campus will take place in July 2018. Work will start on Sunday at lunch and end on Friday morning after breakfast.
BELOW ARE SOME TESTIMONIES FROM THE FAMILIES WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE PAST YEARS AT THE MEDIATION CAMPUS.
Nice experience, to repeat. It would be interesting also during the year to do some days set up as the campus.
Me (mother) and my daughter on Monday after returning home we commented on how everyone in the house was more peaceful and positive. As Dr. Zippel said, we are the first to change! No proposal other than that the campus will be repeated next year insisting on the participation of the whole family! What struck us most was the fact that you helped us to see our daughter’s qualities and to recognise her chances of improvement. This confidence in our daughter and her possibilities, which the sisters now have, we are sure will lead, certainly together with the therapies and ongoing mediation, to some positive results!
The campus was definitely more than positive. The rental, even if Spartan, met the requirements necessary to carry out the activities and take care of the person. It is a pity that the parent group was neophyte compared to the method, but the value of the applicators could not be used more. I find this kind of experience very useful as a parent because in everyday life there is not much room to relate with others and to exchange experiences and good practices. I thank the operators infinitely!
The campus was very useful to me, it was nice to compare experiences and live a week almost as a family with people who live daily what you usually live alone. A beautiful experience to repeat surely!